Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bad Teachers

Sometimes I think that students have it tough when trying to apply for uni and such... We study so hard... (well not too hard...) and then it all just depends on if our teachers/lecturers like us or not for us to get a passing grade. On this such occasion... I fail ==" The only subject that I have an elective unit for has to be the one where the lecturer has who-knows-what problem with me which results in no passing grade for the completion of my course. It is believed by many of his "beloved students" that he is biased with only VERY few students that he favours to pass the course. I would not really have such a big problem with this teacher if I knew what he was talking about most of the time.

His contradictory teaching "skills" leaves no student sure of what point he is getting to in his subjects. I have seen good teachers, strict teachers, laissez faire teachers and even the teachers who don't even care whether or not you turn up to class. But this guy... he can't teach, contradicts himself every other class, has improper grammar, expects us to know what he is thinking and makes up errors on our assessment. I mean... if you fail in all of these criteria and more... doesn't that kind of say something about yourself?

Still... I wouldn't really be ranting or raging about this teacher if I only had to glean over this subject and understand what the heck he was going on about most of the time. What really irritates me though is that why would he pointing out new errors on our re-submits of our assessment when he never pointed them out on our first submissions? The point of having a re-submit is to have the errors in the first submission corrected. To me, this is totally illogical. Also, most of what he "teaches" us is basically him moving information from the textbook onto slides. If all he has to do is copy & paste then we would probably have an easier time just purchasing the textbook and studying the subject by ourselves.

I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment